Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Bangkok downtown from Suvarnabhumi airport by train

Default Getting to Bangkok downtown from Suvarnabhumi airport by train

You can conveniently travel from Suvarnabhumi airport to downtown Bangkok using the Suvarnabhumi Airport Express (SA Express Line). This is the new system that has just been opened in 2010.

This line provides transportation service between Bangkok City Air Terminal (BCAT) from Makkasan to Suvarnabhumi Airport within 15 minutes, which stops only at Makkasan Station (original terminal) and Suvarnabhumi Station (end terminal).

There are total of 4 trains providing services in SA Express. Each train has 3 passenger cars, which have 170 passenger seats, and 1 baggage car that makes up altogether 4 cars. It provides service from 06.00 to 24.00 everyday.

The train leaves every 15 minutes. So there's no wait.

Airport Rail Link Website: http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/

Default City Line

There's also a City Line that stops on 6 stations.

(SA City Line)
    This line provides service between Phyathai Station to the end terminal at Suvarnabhumi Airport within 30 minutes, which stops at 6 stations along the way such as Rajprarop Station, Makkasan Station, Ramkhamhaeng Station, Hua Mark Station, Thab Chang Station, and Lad Krabang Station. It covers a distance of 28 kilometers.

SA City Line has 5 trains, each train has 3 passenger cars with the capacity of 745 passengers per train. It provides service from 06.00 to 24.00 everyday. The City trains also leave every 15 minutes.

What is near beach with cheap hotels from Suvarnabhumi airport ?

Luckily Suvarnabhumi Airport is on the east of Bangkok and it's close to the beach destination on the east of Thailand. The nearest beach would be Bang San where you can find many budget hotels. From Bang San, you can go further to Pattaya and find many tourist attractions including all kinds of hotels from cheap to expensive.

Yes CL2, you are right, in bang San there are some budget hotels which are providing quality services and will let you enjoy your good time.

I would rather recommend you to visit Pattaya Beach which will be more of tourist attraction area like Coral Island (which you have to take boat for about 1 hr to reach from Pattaya beach), Believe it or Not museum, Nongnoouch village, floating market etc. You will be able to enjoy more..

I like when go to overthere. I can see beach and eat sea food
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 02-18-2015 at 10:30 AM.

so cool

That's really cool travel while in the train is a good experienced and I never had take a ride on a train ever in my life.
    Uhhhhmmmm....

Very nice information shared by you. I was just searching this type of information and luckily I got it from your Forum. I like your post also. Keep it up.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 08-30-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Thread Information