PDA

View Full Version : Samui Scam - beware

jimhe
07-11-2005, 01:39 AM
SCAMS....Be prepared to be RIPPED OFF if a motorbike ridder drives up beside you as you walk down a Samui street - especially in Chaweng or Lamai.

They usually open with "Hello, you speak English ?" or "You speak German" or whatever depending on your appearance.

They are usually English or European - although they seem to be training a few locals lately. They are neatly dressed and speak well. They will attempt to start a conversation anyway they can. And the good nature of tourists usually means they will get a friendly reply.

BEWARE - they are setting you up and will make money from you in the process. They make their living from this practice so you can see it coming out off your pocket.

They usually work in teams. There may be another bike watching you from a distance. Often it drives past and parks 30-40 metres up the road and watches in the rear view mirror or sits across on the other side of the road. There may be a pillion passenger on one or both bikes.

These parasites only want your money. Tell them to get lost - you know what they're up to.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

Vasin Thaithae
02-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Now Samui it,s get better no flooding anymore

maihoa
03-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Thank you for share. I like your post.

tizalee
10-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Thanks for sharing this. But my question is, if we know about it, then why shouldn't we do something to stop it? We can have help of law.

Herry
06-11-2016, 04:57 AM
Really good to see that You are shared here really nice and good information about Samui Scam - beware. I really like this and like to make a visit at Samui after my 6 day bus trip from chicago (http://www.goldenbustours.com/6-day-chicago-to-niagara-falls-new-york-dc-baltimore-philadelphia-detroit-tour.html) and so sure about that itwill be really good and nice for me to try anything like this for sure for having fun.