Hi, if you happen to be in Thailand and you fancy a motorcyle tour for a week up in the North East of Thailand it'd be great to hear from you. I plan on renting a Honda 250cc in Chiang Mai and then doing the Mai Hong Song Loop. There's so much to see that although the loop can probably be done in three or four days I figure the extra day or two or three will allow more opportunities to take everything in, but I am flexible and adaptable to your plans too. I'd like to start on the 1st August but am willing to wait a day or two if it is more convenient for you.

This loop is apparently one of the best in Asia! The bike will cost 700-800bahts per day. I plan on buying the helmet and some waterproofs in Chiang Mai where I understand they're relatively cheap to pick up and ride in hiking boots. I plan to stay in reasonable mid-range guesthouses along the way.

I saw one tour, admittedly 10 days, charging £490 for a similar tour. I figure even in mid to upper range guesthouses it can be done for a lot less - only I won't have a guide and have to work from Maps! Should be fun though!!! And a lot more of an adventure!

I am thirty-eight, single, and a schoolteacher by trade and travelling solo through thailand for the summer holidays (perk of the job!) If you're interested in joining the trip you can email me at s4essene@yahoo.co.uk.

I'd also be interested in any tips on what to look out for on journey and any advice from anyone who's undertaken the same trip themselves.

I should add finally I intend on starting south west from Chiang Mai and then going clockwise aroung to end up at Pai before returning to Chiang Mai.

Thanks

Take Care

Mark