Thread: Paradise can still be found. Amazing dive sites and caves at the Angthom Marine park

Hybrid View

Default Paradise can still be found. Amazing dive sites and caves at the Angthom Marine park

Hey Guys,

Wanted to give a tip to anyone out there who is tired of big crowds, loud music and poluted beaches. If you are looking for a place where you can snorkel/dive, visit caves, go kayaking and sleep on the beach then i suggest you go to the Angthom Marine Park. It's not easy to get there on your own and even if you do, there are only a few bungalows and tents on the island which are usually reserved(there are a few islands but there is only one where you can stay).

I went with a dive company called Davy Jones Locker. They are the only ones organizing trips from Koh Tao to the Angthom Marine Park. They took us to several dive sites caves and we slept in tents on the beach. They have their own boat and most importent...a sound system where you can plug in your own Ipod. The guide is Dutch but i heared her talk Italian to some guys and ofcourse she spoke English. Even if you don't want to dive that is not a problem since they also welcome snorkelers. I paid 6000 bht for the trip including dives and gear. It's 4500 bht for snorkelers.

You can book in the dive shop which is located in Sairee on Koh Tao.

Claudia

Hi! This is really an interesting thread…I have great interest in diving and after reading this thread I have got lots of information about dive sites. Thanks for sharing such knowledgeable information with us.

dive sites

First time I have heard about this amazing place. It must be very exciting to visit there and spend time there. I'll try to make a trip there as I like adventure very much.

Thailand is an ideal choice for many people who loves water. The climate is tropical, and the weather there is hot, suitable for swimming and diving. In addition, the clear water is a great plus!!
    Girls are all fond of shopping. I am no exception.
    My desire for shopping and clothing is often satisfied at Abercrombie outlet:
    http://www.goabercrombie.com

Where in Thailand is Angthom Marine park located? Is it near Phuket and the beaches or is it in another part of Thailand? It sounds really great and a nice place to explore and get away from all the hustle and bustle of the cities and crowded beaches.

Alisson - What type of expatriate health insurance does everyone get?
    Last edited by AlissonT; 05-25-2011 at 04:31 PM.

it is located in Koh Samui area you can take a boat / ferry from Phuket to Koh Samui which have boat leave daily...

Snorkeling at Mu Ko Ang Thong National Marine Park. is one of the most famous activity together with kayaking, diving and other sightseeing.
    Mu Ko Ang Thong National Marine Park is created of forty two islands that includes lime stone massifs, tropical rainforests and deserted beaches.

-----------------------------------------------
    http://www.getbusticket.com/indianap...-new-york.html

Thread Information