Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumpini Park, Bangkok

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Lumpini Park, Bangkok

Lumpini Park or Suan Lum is the name of Park but when called Suan Lum Night Bazaar is mean shopping place near Lumpini Park, open in the night. Lumpini Park is a popular Park located at the heart of Bangkok Capital City of Thailand. Lumpini Park is the first public park of Bangkok, was built in 1925 by King Rama VI. Lumpini means the birth place of Lord Buddha at Lumphini District, Nepal.

Default Lumpini Park, Bangkok

The park itself is very spacious and well kept, and at weekdays it is hardly crowded. There is a substantial artificial lake and one can hire a boat to go paddling (or rather 'cycling') on it for a modest fee.

The park also has one of the few public libraries in Bangkok, and a well used open-air exercise facility. In the early morning one can observe the practising of Tai-Chi.
    No pets are allowed, so you can unfortunately no go there to walk the dog. What is not quite understandable is that there are apparently no outlets where one can buy water or other drinks, so bring it along with you from outside if you want to spend some time walking or cycling there, the heat of Bangkok can be very taxing. The park is well used by joggers of all ages. On walking through it, we did not notice any facility that had bikes for rent. Cycling would otherwise be a good way of checking out the park and exercise a bit.When walking around it is quite obvious that a lot of people are involved in keeping the park clean and tidy.

There are many benches and covered pavillions, so if you want you can relax quite conveniently and read a good book. Lots of birds (of course a lot of pigeons) that are not at all very worried of staying in proximity of humans.

Thanks...

Facts About Spain
    Orlando tourism
    Germany tourist attractions

Thnaks it is very useful information.Great

It is a major tourist attraction of Thailand.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 03-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.

I am planning a visit to Bangkok next month. I love the wild life. I will surely visit it. Please tell me about ticket cost of it.

Lumphini Park is a 360-rai park in Bangkok, Thailand. This is one of the family friendsly park of Thailand. This park offers rare open public space, trees and playgrounds in the Thai capital and contains an artificial lake where visitors can rent a variety of boats. Park have several activities for fun.
    Get Bus Ticket.Com is a Bus Travel Company in New York, USA. They providing bus travel services New york to many city's.
    http://www.getbusticket.com/New-York-to-Charlotte-bus.html

Hello guys,I visited this park just 1-2 hours for absorb fresh air when i was there because i had special attachment with this park flowers are glowing and say welcome..Its superb and delicious for all the tourist came and take rest in this park...
    Get Bus Ticket.Com is a Bus Travel Company in New York, USA. They providing bus travel services New york to many city's.
    http://www.getbusticket.com/New-York-to-Charlotte-bus.html

I visited Lumphini Park few months ago during my Bangkok trip. This beautiful place is located in Bangkok, Thailand. This park offers a variety of public places, picnic spots and playgrounds to its visitors. This park was established by king Rama VI in 1920s that’s why a status of king stands at the southwestern entrance to the park.

All the members have shared very helpful and massive information about Lumphini park. I really like all of yours effort. After that i will make a tour to Thailand and will visit the park but after coming back from my 3 day niagara falls tours from new york with my mother.

Casper! I agree with you. In this thread, many members share his personal experience with all of us which is helpful for us. Now I would like to tell you must share your personal experience about your present tour. ( 3-day Niagara falls tours from New York) I will wait of your next reply which will be helpful for me.

Thread Information