Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand palace

Default Grand palace

I'm going to be visiting thailand for a stay of 4 weeks (leaving next weekend) One of the places I want to go is Bangkok as i'm staying near there. I'm really keen to see the grand palace as I heard there's some amazing things to see there including a 40cm Jade Buddha? What other sites would anyone recommend in and around bangkok? (so excited)

It s beautigfull place I saw it!!!
    [url=http://www.atobmoves.co.uk/]Removals London[/url]
    [url=http://www.atobmoves.co.uk/]Cheap London Removals, Clapham Junction SW12 Balham SW13 Barnes, Castelnau SW14 Mortlake, East Sheen SW15 Putney - www.atobmoves.co.uk[/url]

Default Grand Palace

The Grand Palace has an area of 218,400 sq. metres and is surrounded by walls built in 1782. The length of the four walls is 1,900 metres. Within these walls are situated government offices and the Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha besides the royal residences. When Siam restored law and order after the fall of Ayutthaya the monarch lived in Thonburi on the west side of the river. Rama I, on ascending the throne, moved the centre of administration to this side of the Chao Phraya; and, after erecting public monuments such as fortifications and monasteries, built a palace to serve not only as his residence but also his offices--the various ministries, only one of which remains in the palace walls. This palace came to be known as the Grand Palace, in which the earliest edifices contemporary with the foundation of Bangkok were the two groups of residences named the Dusit Maha Prasat and the Phra Maha Monthian.

Within the palace complex are several impressive buildings including Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha), which contains the small, very famous and greatly revered Emerald Buddha that dates back to the 14th century. The robes on the Buddha are changed with the seasons by HM The King of Thailand, and forms an important ritual in the Buddhist calendar. Thai Kings stopped living in the palace around the turn of the twentieth century, but the palace complex is still used to mark all kinds of other ceremonial and auspicious happenings.

Thanks..
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 07-05-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Hello I suggession the bigest temple near bangkok is Dhamakaya temple.

I think Chatuchak is considered as the largest market in Bangkok. R8

Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 07-03-2012 at 05:43 AM.

the best place i like in Thailand and i recommend it too is Koh Samui which is an island situated in Surat Thani.

Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 07-05-2012 at 07:14 AM.

I think it is the best the best place in the heart of Bangkok,Thailand.

The area of the Grand Palace is 218,400 sq. metres and is surrounded by walls and it built in 1782. Government offices and the Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha besides the royal residences are located within these walls. Grand palace is best attractive place in Thailand. Every year many visitor come in Thailand for seeing the grand palace.

Grand Palace beautiful. I like it.

The whole city is beautiful. I suggest you to travel across all Bangkok. So go ahead and explore it.

Thread Information