Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo fighting

Angry Buffalo fighting

Ko Samui is in the south of Thailand. That place has many traditions such as full moon party and interesting tradition is buffalo fighting. Buffalo fighting is the original tradition of Ko Samui.
    Hi,
    First, buffalo fighting promotes traveling to Ko Samui. Tourists come here for looking it because it is funny and exciting. This tradition attract to tourist. So, the farmer’s increase income from selling ticket. Food seller and fruit seller get income increase too.

I think buffalo fighting is not good thing because it may be betting and it’s a cruel activity and the buffalo will be hurt. I think buffalo fighting is not suitable to promote traveling in Ko Samui.

In conclusion, buffalo fighting is tradition of Ko Samui.
    But it’s not moral because the buffalo will get hurt and die eventually. In addition, it becomes betting. What do you think about this tradition?Thanks for your comment.

Default reply

I agree with you. this tradition may become betting!!!
    Moreover, the buffalo can get hurt.

Talking

I thinK Buffolo fight is beautiful tradition of Thailand which show the thai culture and artishtic.

Default I agree with you.

I think the farmer should not use the buffalo in this tradition. They should keep them in the farm.

Thank you for share. It is a information good...
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 08-28-2014 at 09:15 AM.

This festival features head-wrestling bouts in which two male water buffaloes are pitted against one another. Unlike Spanish Bullfighting, wherein bulls get killed while fighting sword-wielding men, Buffalo Fighting Festival, Ko Samui is a fairly harmless contest. The fighting season varies according to some ancient customs and ceremonies.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 07-12-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Any type of fighting is not good thing to do for promoting businesses. But for providing entertainment it is good at some specific levels. Every one has the right to live. Buffalo fight is an interesting tradition but it should be made sure that buffaloes will not die in these fights.

Natives of Koh Samui like to get pleasure from buffalo fighting shows, and indeed, it's believed to be the most effective and favorite recreation activity among residents. I watched some video of this fight.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 08-28-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Oh! I agreed with you, Buffalo fighting is not suitable traditions Because buffalo can hurt. But many people went there for fun and joy, According to him Buffalo fighting is Traditional event. They can use buffalo in the farms and they can earn money.

Casper! you are right but many national peoples have its traditions and be carefully they celebrate this eve. I hope you have your own traditions which you take your family. Anyone does not want to miss his traditions because its gifted from your Ancestors. I hope you understand my point of view.

Thread Information