Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floating Market

Default Floating Market

Check out Floating market. It is very cool to buy breakfast from the boat. Lovely!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Arrow Damnoen Saduak floating market - Thailand

Damnoen Saduak is the name of floating market at Ratchaburi province, central of Thailand. This market have many activities for tourist such as walking along the floating market, buying fruit and Thai foods.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 02-08-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Unregistered Unregistered

Default Best time to go?

When is the best time to visit Floating market? Morning? Is it okay if I go after 8 am>?

Default Best time to go

Yes,the best time to go the market of Thailand in the morning about 06.00 to 09.00 a.m. but the floating market is 08.00 to 11.00 a.m.

Unregistered Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by massagelondon
    too far from Bangkok - takes the whole day.

my favourite alternative is floaring market at Taling Chan on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phraya river. It has Saturday and Sunday noon open air concerts. There are several very stylish homestays in traditional thai wooed houses on stilts
    Will you please give the contact info for the home stay at admantwarrior@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Default Floating Market

The Taling Chan floating market is one of the three floating markets in Bangkok, all of which are in Taling Chan district on the Thonburi bank of the Chao Phraya River. The other two are Wat Saphan and Lat Mayom.

Located at a place called Chak Phra, the Taling Chan market is on a canal linking the Bangkok Noi canal to the north to the Bangkok Yai to the south.

This waterway forms a semi-circularly moat around the old capital Thonburi from the north, west and south. The Chao Phraya to the east completely rings the old city.

The name “Chak Phra” has deep religious significance as it commemorates the descent of Buddha from heaven to earth at the end of the Buddhist Lent.

Chak Phra is observed on the first day of the waning moon on the 11th lunar month, the day immediately after the end of the Buddhist Lent. The religious ceremony consists of placing Buddha relics (phra) on a carriage or boat to be pulled (chak) by worshippers.

Thanks......

saudi arabia tourism
    Mexico tourist attractions

The floating markets of Thailand are unique, and are loved by tourists, earning the country the name of 'Venice of the East'.. Wanna experience to go this place soon.

one of my friend told me on floating market,i was amazed....wish i could visit it oneday....

Experience Amazing Barcelona Apartments @ bizFlats

I really like floating markets, most south east Asian countries have these market.It's really exciting thing.

Global Visas

I really think that its great idea to go for night.And thank you for giving such exciting information.

Thread Information