Thread: SongKran at Pattaya

Thumbs up SongKran at Pattaya

I used to celebrate Songkran at pattaya. it's normally held on April 19. Most of shops are closed and played water on the street. I joined with Thai Friends to bring the mini truck with big tank of water driving through Pattaya. it was so much fun. I plan to go there again this year. Let's party!

The Songkran Festival in Pattaya is also known as the Thai New Year. The way people celebrate this special time of the year is with water. People get out in the streets and throw water at each other getting all wet. Besides the tradition and the good luck meaning this is custom has its functionality. During the Songkran it's very hot in Pattaya. This is why chilling with some water is very good.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 11-01-2016 at 04:23 AM.

When is Pattaya’s Songkran Water Festival, or "water fight"? Pattaya celebrates Songkran on the 19th of April. It is true that the Songkran is celebrated between the 13th and 15th of April in many different districts throughout Thailand - However, in Pattaya it is always April 19th.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 11-01-2016 at 04:23 AM.

I love to celebrate & participate in SongKran at Pattaya but unforchantly I didn't get opportunity to participate in SongKran.

Thank you for share.

No one in the world knows a good water fight, like the Thai do. The Songkran Festival is the traditional Thai New Year, involving water, lots of it. The word Songkran, derived from the Sanskrit language, means to pass or move into. This passing refers to the sun, moon, and other planets moving into one of the zodiacal orbits.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 11-01-2016 at 04:24 AM.

I enjoyed last year Songkran Festival in Thailand. I have a plan to visit there once again in my travelling life with my friends. I had great fun there with water. in this country, many people friendly with me and I had greatly enjoyed this festival. This journey is remarkable for me. I share an image with you I hope you will like this image.

Nice conversation is going here by all the members. Al of you shared nice kind of stuff about Songkran which is the alluring attraction of Pattaya. But I have never been there and explored this attraction personally. But in future, I want to explore some places like this.
    Last edited by discoverythailandadmin; 11-01-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Thread Information