PDA

View Full Version : Thailand // Bangkok

Arjeet
01-24-2014, 08:21 AM
The headlong pace and imperfect up-to-dateness of capital of Thailand match few people’s visions of the capital of exotic Asian nation. Spiked with voluminous high-rise buildings of concrete and glass, it’s a huge flatness that holds AN calculable population of 11 million, and feels even larger. nevertheless below the shadow of the skyscrapers you’ll notice a intoxicating mixture of chaos and refinement, of frantic markets, snail’s-pace traffic jams and quiet golden temples, of dispiriting, zombie-like sex shows and early-morning alms-giving ceremonies. lots of guests get pleasure from the challenge of taking up the “Big Mango”, however a way or another, the place is certain to induce below your skin.

Most budget travellers head for the Banglamphu district, wherever if you’re not careful you may find yourself observation DVDs all day long and commerce your shoes after you run out of cash. The district is way from having a monopoly on capital of Thailand accommodation, however it will have the advantage of being simply a brief walk from the key things to try and do within the Ratanakosin area: the dazzling ostentation of the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo, spirited and grandiose Wat Pho and therefore the National Museum’s hoard of exquisite works of art. Once those cultural necessities are seen, you'll make a choice from an entire bevy of lesser sights, as well as Wat Benjamabophit (the “Marble Temple”), particularly at pageant time, and Jim Thompson’s House, a small, personal depository of Thai style.

For livelier things to try and do, explore the dark alleys of Chinatown’s bazaars or head for the water: the good river watercourse, that breaks up and adds zest to the city’s landscape, is that the backbone of a network of canals that continues to be essentially intact within the west-bank Thonburi district. Inevitably the waterways have earned capital of Thailand the title of “Venice of the East”, a tag that appears only too apt once you’re walk through flooded streets within the season. Back on terra firma, looking varies from touristic shops pushing silks, handicrafts and counterfeit watches, through home-grown boutiques commerce street-wise fashions and beautiful modern ornament, to thronging native markets wherever [*fr1] the fun is observation the crowds. Thailand’s long calendar of festivals is one among the few things that has been mostly localised aloof from the capital, however capital of Thailand will supply the country’s most varied amusement, starting from ancient diversion and therefore the musical group bedlam of Thai boxing, through hip bars and clubs enjoying the most recent foreign sounds, to the farang-only sex bars of the disreputable Patpong district, a tinseltown urban center that’s the tip of a dangerous iceberg. albeit the higher than doesn’t charm, you’ll nearly definitely experience capital of Thailand once, if not many times – not solely is it Thailand’s main port of entry, it’s additionally the plain place to prepared onward travel, with sensible deals on international air tickets, likewise as a convenient menu of embassies for visas to close countries.
Brief history

Bangkok may be a comparatively young capital, established in 1782 once the Burmese destroyed Ayutthaya, the previous capital. a brief base was established on the western bank of the river watercourse, in what's currently Thonburi, before work started on the additional defendable east bank, wherever the French had designed a grand, however impermanent , fort within the 1660s. the primary king of the new kinsfolk, Rama I, designed his palace at Ratanakosin, at intervals a defensive ring of 2 (later enlarged to three) canals, and this remains the city’s non secular heart.

Initially, town was mostly amphibious: solely the temples and royal palaces were designed on terra firma, whereas standard residences floated on thick bamboo rafts on the watercourse and canals; even outlets and warehouses were moored to the watercourse bank. a serious shift in emphasis came within the half of the nineteenth century, initial below avatar IV (1851–68), United Nations agency as a part of his effort to restyle the capital on European lines designed Bangkok’s initial roads, and then below avatar V (1868–1910), United Nations agency made a new residential palace in Dusit, north of Ratanakosin, and set out that area’s grand boulevards.

The modern metropolis
Since war II, and particularly from the mid-1960s forrader, capital of Thailand has seen AN explosion of modernization, that has blown away earlier tries at orderly designing and left town while not a comprehensible centre. Most of the canals have been crammed in, replaced by endless rows of low-cost, practical concrete shophouses, high-rises and housing estates, sprawling across a settled space of over three hundred sq. kilometres. the advantages of Thailand’s economic boom since the Nineteen Eighties are targeted in capital of Thailand, attracting migration from everywhere the country and creating the capital ever additional dominant: the population, over 1/2 that is below thirty years older, is currently forty times that of the second town, Chiang Mai.

Every facet of national life is centralized within the town, however the civil authority of capital of Thailand isn't granted enough power to affect the following issues, notably that of traffic – that in capital of Thailand currently includes four-fifths of the nation’s vehicles. The Skytrain and therefore the subway have doubtless helped, however the competitory systems don’t cross properly or price tag together, and it’s left to ingenious, native solutions like the Khlong Saen Saeb canal boats and side-street bike taxis to stay town moving. And there’s precious very little likelihood to flee from the pollution in inexperienced space: town has solely zero.4 sq. metres of public piece of ground per someone, all-time low figure within the world, compared, as an example, to London’s thirty.4 sq. metres per person.

LANFORD
10-31-2014, 06:43 AM
Arjeet, I want to know about Banglamphu district because I never went there. After reading about this region in your post I have great wish to visit this district once. Can you give me some information about its famous attractions?

Jessicajelen
03-27-2015, 05:58 PM
If i was in Thailand i will love to see these given places:
Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn)
Grand Palace & Wat Prakeaw
Floating Market
Chinatown (Yaowarat)
Wat Pho

tomammi
12-23-2015, 04:35 AM
Wat Pho is a really nice destination for traveling point of view. I like to say your thoughts of a visiting points is really awesome. I visited once in my life Wat Pho I have some knowledge about this place like It is a Buddhist temple complex in Phra Nakhon district, Bangkok, Thailand. It is located on Rattanakosin Island directly to the south of the Grand Palace. I hope your tour of Thailand will be good for you.

tomammi
12-23-2015, 04:56 AM
Jessicajelen! I like your visiting place names now I share my personal experience of Thailand's attraction Chinatown. This is a too much beautiful town or place for travelling lovers. I hope you will be great fun there. I want to visit again in my life with my friends. I wish I will again spend enjoyable journy there.

Jason1
12-30-2015, 06:05 AM
Here I am going to those attractions names which I have visited in Thailand.
Wat Arun
Wat Pho
Golden Buddha
Jomtien Beach
Wat Umong

tomammi
01-01-2016, 03:51 AM
I visited once in my life Golden Buddha. This spot is really nice and I have a plan to visit there again with my friend. I love travelling and now I am bus tours usa west coast to Canada. I am great fun in this tour. I am glad to know here many people share his personal experience with all of us.

Jason1
01-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Your tour name sound cool. I am, m sure you will spend a great time there and enjoy lots of fun. By the way, Let me know about those attractions names which you have added in your bucket list. I mean what places you will visit there during your journey. I am waiting for your reply.

tomammi
01-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Wat Pho is a really nice destination. Now I will like to suggest you must visit there now I share some information about it. Like Wat Pho is a Buddhist temple complex in Phra Nakhon district, Bangkok, Thailand. It is located on Rattanakosin Island directly to the south of the Grand Palace. Anyone like to share your personal experience with us.

Jason1
01-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Your information about Wat Pho is nice. Your post is informative. You have shared very nice place names in your post. I really all the names. when I will visit this destination then I must explore all these attraction during my tour. Anyway, Which destination you can explore in future?

tempatwisata
03-15-2016, 07:44 PM
thailand and bangkok is my favorite location... I'm tourist in thailand right now, from Indonesia, like tempat wisata di bandung... nice

tomammi
03-22-2016, 05:39 AM
tempatwisata! wow, you are right now Indonesia and I want to go Indonesia fo having fun., I am also a big lover of travel but till yet I have never got any chance to go Indonesia but my aunt says that it's a beautiful destination of a travelling point of view. Can you like to share with us some images of Indonesia?

Akira
03-24-2016, 10:03 AM
tomami, I recently came back from there with my friend. During my visit I have explored many attractions and also captured there many photos which I am going to share with you buddy.
http://www.atravelbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Bali-Indonesia.jpg
http://vacationxtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Top-10-Tourist-Attractions-And-Vacation-Spots-in-Bali-1.jpg
I hope you will like them.

tomammi
03-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Jason1! I am going to agree with you, Akira has been shared really impressive images of this destination I have a plan to go there must again because its natural beauty which we can see on its these images, which forced me to come here soon. I am a big lover of natural beauty. Thanks for sharing images.

Herry
04-15-2016, 04:58 AM
Akira!you have shared really nice image, but I want to know about this place name exactly. This place beauty attracts me a lot and force me to there. I will make a plan to go there with my brother after completely know about this place. so make quick reply and let me know.

Herry
04-18-2016, 06:14 AM
tomami ! I have never visit Thailand till yet in my life But after reading all posts and after watching these images I found that this place is full of natural beauty and able to explore. Now I want to visit of this country soon with my friends and hope that this will prove full of fun for me.

Jason1
04-19-2016, 05:11 AM
Herry! If you will explore this destiantion with your friends first time. Then I suggest you some attractiona names of thi destiantion. Which you could explore there.
Wat Phra Kaew
Wat Phra Kaew
Wat Arun
Khaosan Road

Herry
04-19-2016, 07:12 AM
Jason1! this is really good to see that you have shared really nice names of destinations for me. I like and appreciate it. I hope that this will prove really helpful in my Thailand tour with my friends. Would you like to give some suggestions which help me in my tour and some names of hotel which is best for stay.

tomammi
04-19-2016, 09:47 AM
I like to share with all of travelling lovers some beautiful images of Bangkok. I hope so you ike it
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Bangkok_skytrain_sunset.jpg
http://aimsisf.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/1428380517_bangkok.jpg
http://www.worldofwanderlust.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Bangkok-city.jpg

I have been good time with family on nyc to washington dc tour (http://www.bestbustours.com/2-days-from-new-york-to-dc-philadelphia-baltimore-tour.html)

tomammi
04-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Harry! I feel glad to know that you like my sharing images. I hope all members those have never visited ever in their life Bangkok, so it is a best way to explore its beauty and rushed attractions of the Bangkok. I hope many travelling lovers want to go there once again over these images.

Akira
04-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Fabulous dude all those photos looks amazing of Bangkok. Yeah buddy after watching theses images I would love to be there son with my friends. I am so sure they will like these photos and agree with me to be there. Anyway buddy what will you like to say about our plan?

Herry
04-21-2016, 06:52 AM
This is really good to see that Akira! you will have a plan to go Bangkok with your friends. I hope that your friends like too these images and agree to there with you and also like to say that your plan is too good for having fun and a good destination to be explored. I hope that this will prove full of fun foe all of you.

tomammi
04-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Wow, Akira! you want to go Bangkok so it's a lucky point that you will go there soon for having fun. I hope so you will great fun there like us. So if you have any question about its attractions or accommodations. I will help you in Bangkok any matter. So have a good time in Bangkok.

Akira
04-25-2016, 03:36 AM
I am really very happy to know that all of you guys have say me best of luck and other commendation before my visit of Bangkok. I will try my best to follow all them and so sure will come back with pleasant memories. Anyway guys what is your next plan. Do you like to share with all?

tomammi
04-25-2016, 07:13 AM
I like to share with you my next plan will have to go Bangkok for exploring its attraction of Giant Swing. I have been visited many times in my life there but I have never explored its this beautiful Tourist Attraction of Giant Swing. I see its image on my facebook friend' timeline.

Herry
04-28-2016, 10:47 AM
tomammi it is good to see that you are going to visit Giant Swing after seen the images. I really hope that this will prove full of fun for you and you will back with many pleasant memories and dont forget to share you experience with all of us after come back from there.

tomammi
05-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Herry, I like to share with you Giant Swing is a really nice and best Tourist Attraction in the Bangkok. I like to say that I had great time and good experined there with my lovely friends. I like to suggest all of you to try this act in your life whenever you have to go Bangkok.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Bangkok_Sao_Ching_Cha.jpg
http://www.arrabri.com.au/images/gallery/17.jpg

Herry
05-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Wat Pho! is a new name for me, I have never been there in my life till but want to be there after reading all the posts which are full of information about this place. I am so sure about that this will prove full o9f fun for me when I am there in future.

tomammi
05-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Herry! I like to say that I feel glad to know that you have to know about this attraction after seeing these images and for which I had shared here with all of you. so sure you will a good time there whenever you will try this funny ride in your life.

Akira
05-14-2016, 06:54 AM
Harry dude I am going to agree with you tomami have shared such a nice views with all of us of this attraction. Anyway buddy when will you have a plan to be there . Would you like to share with all of us?

What will you say about amish farm tour (https://www.topbustours.com/2-day-newyork-new-jersey-philadelphia-to-amish-washington-tour.html)???

Herry
05-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I have a plan to make a visit to Bangkok with my few friends and so sure about that this will be good for me to be there and so sure that I will back with many pleasant memories. So what say about this plan??