PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering with International Humanity Foundation in Chiang Rai

Andreja
12-21-2012, 01:10 AM
I have been a volunteer at the IHF center in Chiang Rai for three weeks now and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Most of the kids here are teenagers, so it was a bit of a struggle at the beginning to get their attention, but the more I get to know them, the more I realize how amazing they are. The children live at the center and we spend most of the day with them, we work, play and cook together, so you get to know them really well. IHF is doing some amazing work in helping these children and it is a privilege to work for them.

beatrixsihf
05-11-2015, 02:55 AM
My name is Beatrix, I am currently volunteering at IHF's Chiang Rai Center. This center has a great potential to expand and I hope someday IHF Chiang Rai can reach out to other children. The children here are so full of life. They have such a bright futures ahead of them thanks to IHF. It saddens my heart to think what their lives would be like without IHF. I can just picture these beautiful faces with tears in their eyes because they don't have a choice but to work in horrible conditions. When I think about this, one word struck my heart. Trafficking. Trafficking is such a huge part of Thailand now and it makes my blood boil to think these children, MY children can be trafficked. But I know that*IHF have played such an important role in their lives. IHF have given these children the opportunity to escape these horrible cycles and give them a better future. I wanted to volunteer because I want to help those who are in need. God has always put this in heart since I was little. Getting to know the children here in Chiang Rai has been a big blessing to me. Seeing their smiles and hearing their laughs makes my heart smile. Whenever I think about what IHF have given these children so generously, I stop and thank God for IHF and my time here with these beautiful children!