PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Diving Pattaya - Diving Internships

SCOOBYDOO
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Every year in Pattaya, Thailand, thousands of people complete their PADI Open Water Diver Certification,or continue their education with the PADI Advanced Open Water, PADI Rescue Diver, PADI Divemaster and PADI Instructor courses. These are the worldwide-recognised diving certifications From PADI (Professional Association Of Diving Instructors) necessary for participating in SCUBA activities.

Qualified divers enjoy the superb undersea scenery at nearby Islands just offshore from Pattaya. The diving offers a superb variety of fishlife, corals, and also shipwrecks. The people who have been swimming in the water at Pattaya beach just off the busy beach road will be pleasantly surprised to hear that the water quality improves dramatically just a short boat ride from the pier.

Some dive shops in Pattaya also offer scuba equipment sales, it can often be cheaper buying items from Pattaya than from Western countries. The main brands you will find available are Scubapro, Suunto, Mares, and Zeagle; although there are other brands available.

The snorkelling from Pattaya is also a great day out! Snorkelling can be a relaxing day-trip around the beautiful islands such as Koh Lan, Koh Sak, Koh Khrok, Koh Rin, Koh Man Wichai, Koh Klung BAdan or Koh Phai. The dive centers in Pattaya cater for snorkellers who join the customers on the dive boats.

On Pattaya dive shop which is highly recommended is:

SIAM DIVERS - www.siam-divers.com - info@siam-divers.com

Pattaya Scuba Diving
04-27-2005, 02:28 AM
I half agree with Siam Divers. The second question on copyright was unfair. However, the first question the "unregistered" person asked (why not have the guts to put your name on it?) is a fair one.

The truth is you cannot offer instructor training without being an Instructo Development Center or IDC. Siam Divers is not one. Furthermore, they're not actually in Pattaya.

If you're going participate in online forums, Unregistered, then have the guts to stand up and ID yourself. Or just don't attack people at all. Like our mommas would tell us, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all.

Finally, if you are looking for a bonified instructor training internship program, check out PADI Instructor Training.com (http://www.padiinstructortraining.com). We offer all-inclusive packages and a GUARANTEED JOB with fixed salary and commission even before you finish training. Instructor, divemaster, Master Scuba Diver and 4 technical diving internships are available. All include a full set of brand new equipment, accommodations, books, fees & airport transportation.

Pattaya Scuba Diving
05-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I stand corrected on the location of Siam Divers. I was under the impression it was in Bangkok. Nonetheless, the shop DOES advertise, quite extensively, instructor training and internships, even paying for ads on Google with that title. Hey good luck to them. Maybe they'll reach IDC status at some point.

As for the courageous "Unregistered" poster, who I guess is not man enough to sign his name to his opinions, the PADI Instructor Training program's offer of a Guaranteed Job is just that: A guarantee. In writing. How can the shop do so? By hiring the instructors itself. Seems pretty elementary to me PJ, I mean, "Unregistered."

SCOOBYDOO
05-15-2005, 05:49 AM
Interesting thoughts and comments above regarding my company, Siam Divers.

I think I need say no more about what has been stated in the interesting postings above, as comments seem to have been answered by additional postings by anonymous users etc.

Thanks for your vote of "good luck" Aquanauts, and maybe we will be an IDC some day..maybe not. We are staying small right now, and internet based; and have no plans to become a large dive center at the moment.

I am however confused with the general belief of offering "INSTRUCTOR TRAINING" ???....as far as I am aware, I do not have any text in the website, or advertisement offering "Instructor" training by Siam Divers as we obviously cannot do this....even the google ads you mention are for "Internships"...relating to a Divemaster internship...So if things are misleading somewhere, I must apologise and I hope this statement straightens things out.